While I’m totally thankful for every day of life God granted me in 2015, I must admit that I’m glad to see a new year dawning because the first half of 2015 is a blur and the last half was just one aggravation after another with glimmers of light here and there. However, this blog post isn’t a pity party, it’s my lessons and insights moving forward into the coming year and beyond. I like lists, so that’s how I’ll approach this particular blog post.
- Who matters? Mike and Xavier Johnson…all others take a ticket and wait. For years, I chased after external things and neglected the two fellas who love me the most next to God that is. My first priority is to my home and the two guys in it – period. Building a strong family unit is important to me and those two are my family unit.
- I laid my daughter to rest. She’s in my heart and not a day goes by that I don’t miss her, but the reality is God prepared Xavier for us and His will was done. It is finally well with my soul.
- I will be prioritizing my life a LOT better in 2016, and some folk may find that they hear, “No” more often than not. I’m truly not trying to be mean or all about the money, but folk drain you and think what they have for you to do takes precedence over what you have to do for yourself. To THAT, I’m saying no.
- FREE is not something I will allow going forward in my business. I launched VMJ Media Group in July and I thank God for the guidance of a great brand manager to get me to this point. I, however, allowed the free work I do to completely overtake building my brand and my business.
- I know who’s in my corner and who’s not. Nuff said…
- I can’t praise God enough for placing people in my life who truly help me be a better VYCE. Not a better business owner or technology specialist or whatever – I’m grateful for them too, but when you have people who challenge you to be your authentic self and change – hold on to them and hold on tight! When you’re a better you, then being better at other things comes with the territory most times.
- The truth can be heavy and I’ve had to cry a lot, but at the end of the day, it’s still the truth and the bible says it will set you free. Thank God for freedom.
- When you talk to God, He will listen. When you ask to hear from God, He will speak. Sit in silence and listen to Him! #thatisall
- Depression tried it, but I was delivered from that. No more and I mean it. It’s a daily decision.
- Loyalty is of major importance in my life. If you can’t be loyal, then I need not have you in my space. I tend to be a very loyal friend, family member, or customer.
- I knew it before, but in 2015, it became all too real – God will NOT leave you nor forsake you.
- But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. (Ephesians 4:7) Pastor said in a sermon that if God gives you a vision, then He also gives the grace to carry it out. Amen to that!
Moving into 2016, I have nothing but a praise and a thankful heart. While 2015 was a challenge on many fronts, I’m still here. I look to 2016 and beyond with peace, hope and a renewed mind. Happy New Year to everyone!