Have you ever wondered…
- Why on EARTH are some people so incredibly “clever?” You can usually smell rain before it falls, so most know BS when it’s being delivered, but by all means, continue…
- Why do you keep doing doing doing for people, but when YOU need something, crickets? The nature of who you are may not allow you to activate the Golden Rule in a negative fashion seeing as how you keep doing unto them but they have YET to do unto you, so you continue to say yes when you’re thinking you should be saying, “I WISH I MIGHT!”
It gets a little old constantly bending over backwards for people and don’t even get a simple thank you. It gets a little old breaking your back for people who stand on your back and prevent you from straightening up.
It takes nothing to show someone you BELIEVE in them; mind you, I said show NOT say. We have to get out of this disloyal and unsupportive state. DO BETTA! It’s funny though because the people you just knew would be there are the main ones on team incognito. Yet, these same people have horrible memory banks because they will fix their lips to ask you for something and then wonder why you’re being “short.” Chile boo…
- I have friends/family who will beat the ambulance to the hospital. I know this because some have done just that.
- I have people in my life who will let me cry, cuss, wallow if that’s what I need, and then encourage/correct me all in one swoop.
- Praying for me goes without question. (you see I have this thing with CARS hitting my car, so I stay covered – :-))
- If I need to run up on somebody (I don’t do stuff like that – #shrugs), they coming too, with bail money (again, I don’t do stuff like that because I can’t do jail – She’s cute, so she can’t do jail).
- If I can’t make it to get my son from the beast known as the car rider line, they got him sometimes without any prior notice.
- Love is as love does!
I ALSO know…(lessons)
- I tend to go all in with my whole heart on things, and it hurts when people aren’t appreciative – perceived or reality.
- There’s a thin line between being nice and being taken advantage of.
- I can’t expect people to do for me what I do for them. My former pastor would always say, “The people you bless will never bless you.” I think that’s a pretty extreme definite; however, I understand the statement to mean that when you make the choice to be a blessing in someone’s life, you enter into the act of kindness with the understanding that you may never get that thank you or money back or time spent back or loyalty back, but God is pleased when YOUR motive is pure.
- Even though I get the above epiphany, there will come a time when there is an “I WISH I MIGHT” rising up in my spirit, and it will be those times when I’ll have to pray and remember that it’s not about me.
- If the person or persons never “get it;” if they never see your value; if they get “brand new” because you go into silent “I wish I might” status (translation – they text, you don’t answer; they leave voicemails, you delete and never listen to them; they call, you hit reject, etc.) – oh well and whatever. Feel free to move on and don’t sign up for guilt class because they will try to make you an unwilling participant. Again, DON’T sign up for that class; walk away!
I want to say a heartfelt thank you to my friends and supportive rocks in my life. Some have been there since I can remember while others got on my path in college and still others became a part of my world within the last few years and months even. I believe
the “when” of the connection isn’t important – the QUALITY is.
I want to build quality relationships with people I value and who will value me. I want to cultivate a spirit of support and encouragement, and I won’t give less to the friend of 6 months than I give to the friend of 20 years. I’m just not built like that.
THINK ABOUT IT. What is the scale by which you determine which friends get the most out of you (time, resources, shoulder to cry on, etc.) and which friends get the “New Friends” package (occasional texts, a church visit maybe, some Facebook likes while you take X amount of time to “feel them out”)? I mean, really, I want to know! Like for real, for real – what is the criteria?!